NRNA NCC of USA Undergraduate Scholarship Award
This is a merit based scholarship and it mostly emphasizes on applicant’s academic performance, extracurricular activities and community service records. The priority would be given to those students who can recognize the important relationship between leadership and learning. NRNA scholarship is a $1000 cash award to the 8 recipients which comprises one female and one male extraordinary student from 4 different regions (Northeast, Midwest, South, and West) of USA.
NRNA NCC USA Youth & Student Committee (2019-2021)
Chair: Dr.Chandi P Bhandari
Members: Dr. Durga Dahal,
Dr. Thakur Karki
NRNA Scholarship program announces the scholarship program to undergraduate (University Degree, Associated Degree) students in USA with Nepali origin. NRNA encourages all Nepali origin students to apply for this scholarship. This program provide encouragement to students who have excellent academic performance and leadership capabilities.
This is a merit-based scholarship and it mostly emphasizes on applicant’s academic performance, extracurricular activities and community service records. Priority would be given to those students who can recognize relationship between leadership and learning. This award is a $1000 cash award and it will be awarded to 8 individual recipients from 4 regions (Northeast, the Midwest, the South, and the West) of USA.
Each region will have one male and one female recipient.
Criteria: Application Eligibility:
- Must be a Nepali origin.
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student in a community college or 4-year college/university in USA.
- Must have cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Must have completed at least 12 credit hours towards his/her college degree.
- The committee mostly emphasizes on applicant’s academic performance and academic recognition. (cumulative GPA)
- Participated in extracurricular activities, community service and activity that represents Nepal within his/her University. Community service can be in Nepal or in United States (Community work should be verifiable)
Instructions to apply
- Download and print forms from NRNA website.
- Print or type your name and school on each page.
- Print or type information on each page. Additional supplemental information can be accepted.
- Provide two recommendations. Academic recommendation from your college professor and leadership from officers of corresponding organizations. Recommendations must be printed or typed and included with the submission. You may use our templates or you can make your own. They have to be signed by the corresponding person.
- Include a copy of your most recent unofficial transcript.
- Complete all information. Incomplete application may result an elimination.
- Provide the proof of two community service involvements.
- Include an an essay to support your application. It must be written by the applicant.
- Application Opens: February 23rd, 2020.
- Application must be submitted by 11:59 PM EST May 1st, 2020.
- For Query Contact Us: Bindow Ruwali, NRNA Youth Coordinator.
- Email : email@example.com | Phone : 347-820-5573
- The winner will be announced in July 1st, 2020
2019 Youth Leadership Scholarship Recipients
2018 Youth Leadership Scholarship Recipients